Welcome to our Mohawk Valley Health System Professional Education Programs
MVHS is proud to announce the expansion of healthcare training opportunities on both our Faxton-St. Luke’s and St. Elizabeth campuses starting in 2022, joining our long established Family Medicine and Dental Residency Programs.
Serving the geographic area of Oneida, Herkimer and Madison counties, Faxton-St. Luke’s Healthcare and St. Elizabeth Medical Center affiliated as the Mohawk Valley Health System in 2014 to provide comprehensive services and quality care for the residents of Central New York through 6 campuses, 21 outpatient care locations and multiple health centers. Accredited by Det Norske Veritas (DNV) under the National Integrated Accreditation for Healthcare Organizations (NIAHO) standards for compliance with Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Conditions of Participation (COPs), our sites have achieved recognition over the years as:
- A Level III Trauma Center
- A Level II Special Care Nursery
- The first hospital is New York State to receive the HeartCARE Center: National Distinction of Excellence
- One of only 7 Comprehensive Stroke Centers in Upstate New York
- A Center of Excellence in Orthopedic Surgery
- A Comprehensive Bariatric Surgery Center
- One of the first hospital in New York State to be recognized as a Gold Safe Sleep Champion for its commitment to best practices and education on infant safe sleep
- A Breast Imaging Center of Excellence
Located approximately 55 miles east of Syracuse and 95 miles northwest of Albany, Utica is within easy driving distance of vineyards, restaurants, outlets, sporting venues, and Lake Ontario. Home to the Utica Comets (AHL) and Utica City FC (MASL), the Mohawk Valley is easily accessible to both Syracuse Hancock International Airport, Albany International Airport and three Amtrak train lines through Utica’s Union Station.
We are looking for innovative and enthusiastic healthcare professionals with a passion for building community relationships and expanding healthcare access within our community. For questions on any of our training programs, please feel free to reach out to them via the contact information listed on their webpage.