Welcome to the Mohawk Valley Health System (MVHS) system of websites and portals (“MVHS online properties”). These are our terms and conditions for using our MVHS online properties, including but not limited to “mvhealthsystem.org”, “faxtonstlukes.com”, “stemc.org” domains and subdomains used to access this website and our third-party provided patient, employee and recruitment portals. These Terms apply to all visitors or users (“You”) of our MVHS online properties, and your use indicates that you agree to be bound by these terms. If you disagree with any part of these terms, then do not access our MVHS online properties.
Data Collection and Sharing
Through your use of our MVHS online properties, you may choose to submit personal information (such as name, address, email, or phone number) to MVHS relating to our services and programs. This information is typically used by MVHS staff to help us deliver you services, such as contacting you to provide additional information about a service line or event. By submitting this information, you grant MVHS the right to store and utilize the information to provide you the services requested.
In some instances, MVHS will work with third party providers to help deliver related services. These functions include but are not limited to:
- Delivery of publications, such as MVHS Insider
- Transmission of newsletters
- Requests to complete surveys
- Invitation to events and fundraising functions
- Appeals for donations
In these relationships, MVHS does not grant rights to the providers for your information to be sold or re-used in any manner not approved by MVHS.
You may opt out of this sharing through the details below.
Through your use of our MVHS online properties, we may ask your browser to accept “cookies” (small tracking identifiers retained by the browser) related to our sites. Cookies may be set for the following functions:
- Strictly necessary cookies, such as those that might associate your browser with an authenticated session to an application. These may not be opted out of.
Analytics cookies, used to help us anonymously track web site traffic and performance in aggregate. Marketing cookies, used to help us anonymously track advertising campaign effectiveness and provide relevant ads to visitors when on third party websites. These cookies may include:
These terms are separate from the MVHS Notice of Privacy Practices. These practices cover the ways we may use and disclose medical information about you.
We may obtain information about you that you upload to our careers portal. The types of information we may obtain include:
Username and password for the account you may establish on our careers portal.
Your demographic information (such as zip or postal code, occupation, education and experience, and if you choose to provide it, age, gender and race or ethnicity). We collect this information either through the registration process, from your resume or from a contracted talent agency.
You do not have to give us any personal information in order to perform job searches or to read the content portions of our careers portal.
We may use the information we obtain about you to:
- Register, manage and maintain your account on our careers portal.
- Maintain a record of the jobs you view or apply to on our careers portal.
- Inform you of relevant job postings that may be of interest to you.
- Provide administrative notices or communications applicable to your use of our careers portal.
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support.
- Enable MVHS to contact you and deliver marketing and promotional communications to you by email, text message or other means that, in some cases, is targeted to your interests (such as relevant services, educational or other career development opportunities) and to solicit your feedback and input. These communications will contain links for preference management and, where appropriate, unsubscribe links should you decide you do not want to receive further communications. Please note that if you unsubscribe from receiving marketing and promotional communications, you may continue to receive transactional and operational emails from us.
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products and services we offer.
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails we have sent to you have been received and read).
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding visitors’ use of our careers portal and the jobs viewed or applied to on our careers portal.
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards and our policies.
We do not sell our job applicants’ personal information to anyone for any reason.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 315-624-6094 to be removed from our careers portal or for additional questions about how your information is used in our careers portal.
Third Party Web Sites
We may offer links to related medical websites either not part of our MVHS online properties or that are not managed by MVHS. These links are for informational purposes only. MVHS does not endorse and has not verified the accuracy of the information on these sites, and you should not rely on any of the information found on these web sites for purposes of treatment or diagnosis.
MVHS does not accept paid placement of third party web content or advertising, or unsolicited content submissions, under any circumstances.
The medical information on our MVHS online properties is provided as an information resource only, and is not to be used or relied on for any diagnostic or treatment purposes. This information is not intended to be patient education, does not create any patient-physician relationship, and should not be used as a substitute for professional diagnosis and treatment.
Please consult your health care provider, or contact MVHS for an appointment, before making any healthcare decisions or for guidance about a specific medical condition. MVHS expressly disclaims responsibility, and shall have no liability, for any damages, loss, injury, or liability whatsoever suffered as a result of your reliance on the information contained in our MVHS online properties. MVHS does not endorse specifically any test, treatment, or procedure mentioned on the MVHS online properties.
We welcome and encourage open discussion on Mohawk Valley Health System’s social media sites – including but not limited to our blogs, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube pages – and look forward to any comments, stories and experiences you want to share.
We make reasonable efforts to monitor participation to ensure that you stay on topic, are courteous and avoid making offensive comments. Please remember that information posted on any of our social media platforms shouldn’t be considered medical advice and shouldn’t replace a consultation with a health care professional.
Please be aware that once you post something online, there’s the potential for thousands (or hundreds of thousands) of people to read your words, even years from now. As a result, we suggest that you exercise caution when posting medical information on any of our social media sites and that you not disclose personal identifiable information like your location, medical record number, financial information, etc.
Copyright and Reprinting Notice
All copyrightable text, graphics, design, selection and arrangement of information in this website are copyrighted by MVHS unless otherwise noted.
Changes to this Policy
To be removed from MVHS fundraising and development communications, please contact our Marketing & Communications/Foundation department at 315-624-5600.
For issues relating to patient privacy, please contact our Privacy Officer at 315-624-5117.