Faxton St. Luke’s Healthcare (FSLH) and St. Elizabeth Medical Center (SEMC) affiliated as the Mohawk Valley Health System (MVHS) in March 2014. MVHS is governed by a single, 18-member board of directors, with nine members from FSLH’s board and nine from SEMC’s board. The system is operated by a single management team.
MVHS serves the geographic area of Oneida, Herkimer and Madison counties and is an integrated delivery system with 4,200 full-time equivalent employees and a combined operating budget of $610 million.
The MVHS Medical Group has 17 primary care locations, a Children’s Health Center, a Women’s Health Center, general, orthopedic and neurological surgeons and a Breast Care Center to serve our community’s healthcare needs.
All of our locations accept all major insurances and have designated charity care programs to help provide for individuals without insurance.
The affiliation helps to enhance services for the residents of the Mohawk Valley through greater collaboration and improved clinical quality for patient and resident care. As a large system, MVHS has much to offer when recruiting new physicians.
111 Hospital Drive, Utica, NY
- Inpatient: Medical/Surgical Units, Intensive Care Unit, Intermediate Care Units, Maternity Unit, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Pediatrics, Hematology/Oncology, Psychiatry, Noninvasive and Interventional Cardiology, Surgical Services, Cardiothoracic Surgical Services, Dialysis, GI Services, Advanced Endoscopy, Interventional Radiology, Comprehensive Stroke Center Program, Level III Trauma Service, Vascular Access, Wound Care, Inpatient Rehab Therapies, Imaging Services, Laboratory Services, Pharmacy Services.
- Outpatient: Imaging and MRI services, Noninvasive and Interventional Cardiology, Interventional Radiology, Surgical Services, Emergency Department, Clinical Decision Unit.
St. Luke’s Campus
1656 Champlin Avenue, Utica, NY
St. Luke’s Hospital has closed as of October 29, 2023, but there are services operating on the campus, including our Rehabilitation and Nursing Center which has 202 long-term care beds. The St. Luke’s Professional Office Building continues to house some professional services, such as physician offices (MVHS surgical and neuroendovascular offices), until early 2024 when the new Medical Office Building downtown is complete.
Center for Rehabilitation and Continuing Care Services
1650 Champlin Avenue, Utica, NY 13502
- Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit
- Outpatient Dialysis Center
- MVHS Rehabilitation and Nursing Center
- Senior Network Health
- Visiting Nurse Association of Utica and Oneida County
1676 Sunset Avenue, Utica, NY
- Cancer Center
- Outpatient Rehabilitation Center
- Medical Imaging
- Diabetes Education Program
- MVHS Women’s Health Services
- MVHS Bariatric Group
St. Elizabeth Campus
2209 Genesee Street, Utica, NY
The St. Elizabeth Medical Center has closed but several services still operate on the campus:
- Marian Medical Professional Building
- Sleep Disorders Center
- St. Elizabeth College of Nursing
- Health Information Management/Medical Records
- MVHS Finance/Billing Office
Medical Arts Campus
4401 Middle Settlement Road, New Hartford, NY
- Advanced Wound Care
- Pre-Admission Testing
- MVHS Surgical and Vascular Surgery Groups
- Outpatient Laboratory Draw Site