Faxton St. Luke’s Healthcare (FSLH) and St. Elizabeth Medical Center (SEMC) affiliated as the Mohawk Valley Health System (MVHS) in March 2014. MVHS is governed by a single, 18-member board of directors, with nine members from FSLH’s board and nine from SEMC’s board. The system is operated by a single management team.
MVHS serves the geographic area of Oneida, Herkimer and Madison counties and is an integrated delivery system with 4,200 full-time equivalent employees and a combined operating budget of $566 million.
The MVHS Medical Group has 21 primary care locations, a Children’s Health Center, a Women’s Health Center, general, orthopedic and neurological surgeons, a Breast Care Center and an Urgent Cares to serve our community’s healthcare needs.
Both hospitals accept all major insurances and have designated charity care programs to help provide for individuals without insurance.
The affiliation helps to enhance services for the residents of the Mohawk Valley through greater collaboration and improved clinical quality for patient and resident care. As a large system, MVHS has much to offer when recruiting new physicians.
Faxton St. Luke’s Healthcare
FSLH includes two campuses with 370 acute care beds and 202 long-term care beds:
St. Luke’s Campus – 1656 Champlin Avenue, Utica, NY (Main Campus)
Faxton Campus – 1676 Sunset Avenue, Utica, NY
A not-for-profit healthcare organization, FSLH includes the Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, Senior Network Health, Mohawk Valley Home Care and Visiting Nurse Association of Utica and Oneida County.
Center for Rehabilitation and Continuing Care Services
- Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit
- Adult Day Health Care Service
- Outpatient Dialysis Center
- MVHS Rehabiliation and Nursing Center
- Senior Network Health
- Visiting Nurse Association of Utica and Oneida County
- Cancer Center
- Dialysis Center
- Outpatient Rehabilitation Center
- Urgent Care
St. Luke’s Campus
- Bariatric Surgery Program
- Maternal Child Services
- Stroke Center
- Surgical and Ambulatory Services
- Total Joint Orthopedic Program
St. Elizabeth Medical Center
SEMC includes two campuses with 201 acute care beds:
2209 Genesee Street, Utica, NY (Main Campus)
MVHS Medical Arts – 4401 Middle Settlement Road, New Hartford, NY
SEMC also includes the Sister Rose Vincent Family Medicine Center which provides patient care services for the whole family and is also a teaching facility for new physicians.
SEMC Main Campus:
- Ambulatory Surgical Center
- Area Trauma Center
- Fellowship in Gynecologic Endoscopy
- Fellowship in Hospital Medicine
- Marian Medical Professional Building
- Cardiac Services
- Sleep Disorders Center
- St. Elizabeth College of Nursing
- St. Elizabeth Family Medicine Residency Program
Medical Arts Campus:
- Advanced Wound Care
- MVHS Medical Group New Hartford Medical Office
- Outpatient Laboratory Draw Site
SEMC is a Catholic hospital and is affiliated with the Sisters of St. Francis of the Neumann Communities and the Syracuse Dioceses.