Faxton St. Luke’s Healthcare (FSLH) and St. Elizabeth Medical Center (SEMC) affiliated as the Mohawk Valley Health System (MVHS) in March 2014. MVHS is governed by a single, 18-member board of directors, with nine members from FSLH’s board and nine from SEMC’s board. The system is operated by a single management team.
MVHS serves the geographic area of Oneida, Herkimer and Madison counties and is an integrated delivery system with 4,200 full-time equivalent employees and a combined operating budget of $610 million.
The MVHS Medical Group has 17 primary care locations, a Children’s Health Center, a Women’s Health Center, general, orthopedic and neurological surgeons and a Breast Care Center to serve our community’s healthcare needs.
Both hospitals accept all major insurances and have designated charity care programs to help provide for individuals without insurance.
The affiliation helps to enhance services for the residents of the Mohawk Valley through greater collaboration and improved clinical quality for patient and resident care. As a large system, MVHS has much to offer when recruiting new physicians.
St. Luke’s Campus
1656 Champlin Avenue, Utica, NY
St. Luke’s Campus has 370 acute care beds and 202 long-term care beds in the Rehabilitation and Nursing Center.
- Bariatric Surgery Program
- Maternal Child Services
- Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Surgical and Ambulatory Services
- Total Joint Orthopedic Program
Center for Rehabilitation and Continuing Care Services
1650 Champlin Avenue, Utica, NY 13502
- Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit
- Outpatient Dialysis Center
- MVHS Rehabilitation and Nursing Center
- Senior Network Health
- Visiting Nurse Association of Utica and Oneida County
1676 Sunset Avenue, Utica, NY
- Cancer Center
- Dialysis Center
- Outpatient Rehabilitation Center
- Medical Imaging
- Diabetes Education Program
St. Elizabeth Campus
2209 Genesee Street, Utica, NY
The St. Elizabeth Campus has 201 acute care beds
- Ambulatory Surgical Center
- Area Trauma Center
- Fellowship in Gynecologic Endoscopy
- Fellowship in Hospital Medicine
- Marian Medical Professional Building
- Cardiac Services
- Sleep Disorders Center
- St. Elizabeth College of Nursing
- St. Elizabeth Family Medicine Residency Program
SEMC is a Catholic hospital and is affiliated with the Sisters of St. Francis of the Neumann Communities and the Syracuse Dioceses.
SEMC also includes the Sister Rose Vincent Family Medicine Center which provides patient care services for the whole family and is also a teaching facility for new physicians.
Medical Arts Campus
4401 Middle Settlement Road, New Hartford, NY
- Advanced Wound Care
- Pre-Admission Testing
- MVHS Surgical and Vascular Surgery Groups
- Outpatient Laboratory Draw Site