From feet and ankles to partial and total joint replacements, spinal problems and sports medicine for kids and adults, our surgeons work with talented teams at both our St. Luke’s and St. Elizabeth campuses. We are with you from diagnosis through surgery, returning home and physical therapy.
Great care, talented teams and state-of-the-art technology are close to your home and family right here in the Mohawk Valley.
Experience world-class orthopedic care with the Mohawk Valley Health System.
MVHS Orthopedic Group is your local resource for the most up-to-date procedures and treatments addressing a broad range of orthopedic conditions. From feet and ankles to partial and total joint replacements, spinal problems and sports medicine for kids and adults, our surgeons work with talented teams. We are with you from diagnosis through surgery, going home and physical therapy.
Procedures offered include:
- Joint Replacement
- MAKOplasty Partial Knee Resurfacing
- Pediatric & Adolescent Sports Medicine
- SwiftPath – Accelerated Recovery Program for Orthopedics (ARPO)
- SuperPATH Hip Replacement
- Total Hip Replacement Surgery
- Total Knee Replacement Surgery
Accelerated Recovery Program for Orthopedics (ARPO)
The Accelerated Recovery Program for Orthopedics (ARPO) uses SwiftPath, an advanced system with protocols and strategies to help patients succeed with outpatient hip and knee replacement. Andrew Wickline, MD is one of the top surgeons in New York State and the only orthopedic surgeon in Central New York to use the SwiftPath program. Eligible patients may be discharged the same day after surgery for total knee or total hip replacement.
The Accelerated Recovery Program includes
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Pain control by continuous medication delivery directly into the surgical site
- Exercises to perform once an hour while awake
- Increased patient satisfaction and
- Improved outcomes, with patients walking device-free sooner.
A Patient Guide outlines every step in the total joint replacement process, from consult appointment through surgery and back to the office for a post-op, follow-up appointment.