Thank you for inquiring about Volunteer Services at the Mohawk Valley Health System (MVHS)! We’re so happy you are considering spending your time volunteering with us. Not only will you be helping others in need in various departments, you will have that self-gratification it brings when you extend your time for others.
Please be sure to have the following documentation of vaccines up to date PRIOR to arriving for your interview. We are unable to onboard new volunteers without the following information:
- Record of a complete full physical from your primary care provider, dated within the last 12 months.
- Record of a Mantoux/PPD (TB Skin Test) taken within the last 3 months (MVHS Employee Health can provide one for you if needed)
- Record of MMR immunizations or Positive Titers.
- Record of Varicella Immunizations or Titer Results.
- Record of a Flu Shot or signed Flu Declination Form.
During your interview with Alyssa, we need you to complete the following:
- Review the MVHS Non-Employee Orientation Packet.
- Signed HIPPA Form
- Signed HIV Statement
- Signed Confidentiality Agreement
- Signed Code of Conduct Form
- Completed Background Investigation Consent Form (Maternity volunteers only).
- Registration on Volunteer Hub to document hours.
- Scheduled Employee Health Appointment.
- Log into NetLearning and Complete Mandatories
Following your interview and immunizations given to Alyssa, we need you to complete the following with Employee Health prior to joining the team:
- Schedule a meeting with Employee Health. Please call 315-624-6174 to set this up after meeting with Alyssa.
- A drug test screening at Employee Health.
- TB Skin Test if needed.
Be sure to bring the following with you to Employee Health after meeting with Alyssa.
- TWO forms of identification
- Full records of immunizations
Once you are cleared through Employee Health, you will:
- Schedule an appointment with HR to receive your badge. Please call 315-624-6174
- Begin volunteering in the area discussed during your interview!
Please bring your information to the MVHS Volunteer Services office located on the ground floor of the Allen-Calder wing, St. Luke’s Campus, 1656 Champlin Ave., Utica or mail or fax it to:
Attention to Alyssa Sacco
Mohawk Valley Health System
St. Luke’s Campus
P.O. Box 479
Utica, NY 13503
We can be reached at (315) 624-6142 if you have questions. We look forward to assisting you on your volunteer journey with us at the Mohawk Valley Health System.
Alyssa A. Sacco
Director of Volunteer Services And Guest Relations
Employee Health: 315-624-6174
Human Resources 315-624-6094