Contact the office for additional information
*This lab location is only open to patients of the MVHS Medical Group.
About the Center
Sister Rose Vincent Family Medicine Center is located only 2 miles from our main hospital campuses and serves as the training unit for our Family Medicine Residency Program. The Family Medicine Center typically sees more than 100 primary care patient visits per day. It is located in the heart of Utica just 2 blocks from the Mohawk Valley Resource Center for Refugees. Our location puts us in a prime location to see a vast diversity of patients from all over the world.
The Family Medicine Center has multiple suites of exam rooms; each suite is set up as a stand alone clinic, having its own assigned faculty, support staff, and residents that work together to provide quality continuity of care to their patients.
The Family Medicine Center also offers on-site lab and radiology services, various specialty clinic consultation services, and social service programs such as our Home Visit Program for home bound patients that qualify, the Patient Assistance Program that helps patients obtain needed medications, and facilitated enrollers on-site each week to assist patients with obtaining health insurance.
Additionally, for residents, the Family Medicine Center also has a Medical Library with available computers and internet access, a Resident Study Area, and contains the Residency Administrative Offices.
St. Elizabeth Family Medicine Residency Program
It is the mission of St. Elizabeth Family Medicine Residency Program to provide quality graduate medical education and prepare physicians to practice the broad spectrum of family medicine in the changing health care environment. The program provides access to quality health care for our community with compassion and respect for the dignity of all.
To educate skillful, compassionate providers of family medicine who will provide exemplary patient care to our community and upstate New York.
1) To be competent in the comprehensive care of patients with a broad range of medical conditions, across the spectrum of acute illness and chronic medical problems, as well as preventive health strategies
2) To learn how to apply evidence-based, cost-conscious strategies to diagnose, and manage diseases in patients, when hospitalized as well as in the continuity clinic setting
3) To learn to function as a member of a multidisciplinary team within the Patient Centered Medical Home caring for patients in the hospital, the continuity clinic, nursing home and home settings
4) To be able to participate in family meetings and be an effective listener, facilitator and communicator
5) To have an understanding of resource utilization and appropriate level of care in acutely ill, chronically ill and end of life care patients.
6) To understand the multiple factors involved in safe, effective and successful transitions in care between care settings.
7) Osteopathic Residents and Residents engaged in the Osteopathic Recognized aspect of the program will understand the osteopathic approach to patient care in all settings and include the applications of osteopathic principals and practice in patient care.
NOTICE TO PATIENTS:
This practice serves all patients regardless of ability to pay. Discounts or essential services are offered based on family size and income. For more information, ask at the front desk or visit our website.
AVISO PARA PACIENTES:
Esta práctica sirve a todos los pacientes, independientmente de la capacidad de pago. Asistencia financier para los servicos esenciales son ofrecidos dependiendo de temaño de la Familia y de los ingresos. Usted puede solicitor un descuento en la recepcion o visita nuestro sitio web.