The Mohawk Valley Health System (MVHS) has updated its visitor policy effective Monday, November 7, 2022. The updated visitor policy includes the following changes:
Inpatient Hospital Units
- Visiting hours will change to 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., seven days a week. However, quiet time is observed between the hours of 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. During this time, visitors are encouraged to give patients the opportunity to rest.
- Visitation will now include COVID-19 patients and those under investigation for COVID-19. Visitors must follow all COVID precautions.
- Patients can have two visitors at a time, and they can switch out during visitor hours.
- All visitors will continue to be screened as they enter the building. They must also wear a visitor badge when in the facility.
- Any exceptions to the visiting guidelines must be approved by the Hospital Supervisor.
- All visitors must be over the age of 12.
- Two support persons will be allowed to accompany an Emergency Department patient.
- Patients may be accompanied by a companion through intake. If the companion wishes to remain in the hospital, they will be screened, given an appropriate mask to wear, and directed to a visitor waiting area. The support person/companion may rejoin the patient for the discharge process.
- Patients attending a medical appointment may be accompanied by a companion.
All visitors to an MVHS facility must wear an appropriate mask. If they refuse to do so, then they will be asked to leave.
For the full list of visitation updates, visit mvhealthsystem.org/visitation