The MVHS Sleep Disorders Center is the longest-standing accredited sleep center in the greater Mohawk Valley region.
Accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine in 1997, our expert sleep technologists are dedicated to giving our patients individual attention. Each technologist is paired with only two patients, so your care is our only focus.
Medical Director, Dr. Steven Levine, who is board certified by both the American Board of Medical Specialties; Sleep (ABMS/ABIM) and the American Board of Sleep Medicine is one of the most experienced doctors in the field of sleep medicine. Registered Sleep Technologists are on-site to assist you and provide thorough and accurate sleep tests.
Have you been a patient of our Sleep Center? We want to know what you think about the care you received. Take our patient survey online now.
Signs and Symptoms of Sleep Disorders
Fortunately, many sleep disorders are often easily diagnosed and
successfully treated. Signs and symptoms to be aware of may include:
- Witnessed apneas
- Gasping or grunting with sleep
- Fatigue or excessive daytime sleepiness
- Waking with dry mouth
- Moving or jerking with sleep
- Headaches/ Migraines
- History of high blood pressure or heart disease
- Frequent need to urinate during sleep
- Problems with concentration/ memory
- Irritability, depression, or mood swings
- Poor work or school performance
- Decreased sexual drive
Common Sleep Disorders
- Sleep Apnea
- Circadian rhythm disturbances
- Restless legs and periodic limb movement
- Oxygenation problems in sleep
For more information on sleep disorders and treatments, as well as current news and helpful hints, visit sleepeducation.org.