UTICA, N.Y. – The MVHS Infection Prevention team has been tracking community transmission levels of COVID-19 in Oneida County and surrounding areas, as well as with MVHS patients and staff. At this time, transmission has reached a level where masking is required.
Therefore, starting at 7 a.m. on Thursday, January 4, 2024, the Mohawk Valley Health System (MVHS) will require masking in all patient care areas and all visitors will be required to wear a mask. This includes:
- Wynn Hospital
- All visitors and outpatients will need to wear a mask.
- All staff in patient care areas will need to wear a mask.
- Patients will not need to wear a mask in their rooms, but will need to put one on if they leave the room.
- Faxton Campus, Medical Arts, Center for Rehabilitation and Continuing Care Services, Medical Group Practices
- All staff and patients/companions need to wear a mask unless in a private office/break room.
In addition, individuals may also choose to wear a mask based on personal preference, informed by their perceived level of risk for infection and their potential for developing severe disease.